Capturing my thoughts

..::16th September 2008::..
..::Rattlings & Tribute to a Woman of God::..


My space. How nice of Blogger to keep this space of mine despite the 'inactive-ness' here. I realised that this blog has been here for a looong time. Way back to 2004! My my my! It's good, I still come here once in a while to read what I've written...somethings I still agree, somethings I don't. This is part of 'unpacking my suitcase' (a phrase I've learnt in ACW401) I supposed. It's a meaningful, reflective yet conflicting and tired process. But I liked the phrase, the idea behind unpacking what I used to believe, do, behave, think, feel..etc...

Sorry, too much of ACW401 in school...

Well, for those of you who still come up to this page (I wonder...)...I wonder why you do...but you have waited well. Haha. So many things have happened throughout the past year or six months since I last posted. I think more of good things than bad (crossing my fingers...). I prefer to remember those good things. Most of the bad I've forgotten...the bad part of it all is to know that you've known one person lesser. In the world. Just this year alone, some of the people I know are no longer. Though they were not close to me but I've known them for years. But I know God is good.

God is good to Hon Wah's mum. She's a strong woman, raising her two young children alone after her husband passed away suddenly. She raised Hon Wah well. Trained him well. I've not seen another like Hon Wah yet, who can cook and take care of himself, understands things, pleasant personality. He has Down Syndrome. Amazing. What's even amazing was God's grace towards Auntie. She passed away without worries, without pain. She had cancer in her body, advanced stage, and supposed to be in pain. But a tumour resting on a nerve in her head causes her to lose the sense of pain. Like what her niece said, God had everything prepared for her. She passed away peacefully, in her favourite chair at her favourite spot in her house after a full meal.

I've another less parent to talk to now, the third one for the year. Ee Na, treasure.

After unpacking my thoughts for a looong time, I've found a new meaning in serving JAMs. No longer that busy with segments, with challenging students. As much as possible, just as the song sings 'Jesus, you make my day', I want to 'make the day' for the students I see every week! Ee Na, treasure!

And on a happy note, for those of you who come here and still have not heard...where have you been??? Even my sister had it advertised for me loud and big on her blog...Status changed: Single to IN A RELATIONSHIP. Finally yeah. I'm happy, elated, delighted, on top of the world!

Yours truly and till I rattle again...God bless you!

7:42 PM